Caltech Amateur Radio Club

How to get an amateur radio license

Getting an amateur radio license is really easy.
First you have to decide which license you want. There are three classes of amateur radio licenses : Technician, General, Extra. Licenses are issued by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). There is no license fee, but you have to pass an exam. You can take the exams and start right out at the highest class, but most beginners enter amateur radio with the Technician license.
Morse code is not required for any class license.
If you want more practical information on how to get a licence, go to how to get a Technician license.

Home About CITARC About Amateur Radio How To Get A License
How To Join CITARC Links Meetings & Events Pictures

Maintained by Dwayne Miles, W6OSG