Caltech Amateur Radio Club
Directions to the Mount Gleason Field Day site
1. Take the Foothill Fwy (210) to La Canada.|
2. Exit at Angeles Crest Hwy/Route 2.
3. Go north 9.1 miles on Route 2 up into the San Gabriel Mountains.
4. Turn left at the junction with Angeles Forest Hwy (N3).
5. Continue 3.8 miles on Angeles Forest Hwy past Big Tujunga Junction.
6. Go another 5.9 miles through the tunnel, past Hidden Springs to the Monte Cristo Campground.
7. Continue another 4.9 miles on Angeles Forest Hwy to the Mill Creek Campground at the Mill Creek Summit. There are big power lines crossing the road here.
8. Turn left onto Mt. Gleason Rd. leaving the Mill Creek Campground to your right.
9. Continue 6.2 miles on Mt. Gleason Rd. until you reach the Mount Gleason Correction Facility.
10. Take the dirt bypass road left of the correction facility and continue 2.5 miles.
11. Keep to the right at the Y-junction just after the Microwave Station. When you reach the locked
gate, there should be instructions on how to get in or someone in attendance at the locked gate, or
the lock will only be in place but not locked. The road past the locked gate ends at our operating
Do not block the road or the gate.
Watch out for wire antennas, guy ropes, loose stuff, kids, etc.
|Home||About CITARC||About Amateur Radio||How To Get A License|
|How To Join CITARC||Links||Meetings & Events||Pictures|
|Maintained by Dwayne Miles, W6OSG|